Monday, January 13, 2014

Athens


This was my second trip to Athens,I've learned something during this second trip, One day is not enough!! There is something so amazing about the Parthenon it pulls you to stay longer to relax and take in the views around you. I could have probably sat their for hours as I had during my first trip, but I was pressed for time. Sitting at the top and seeing Athens spread before you, looking at what was and what is makes the difficult climb worth every moment. Be warned, wear comfortable shoes and cool cloths. 

The touristy streets are pleasant (this is what I stuck to this time--I was in a group) but the shops and restaurants of the beaten path are much more enjoyable and delicious. 

If I had the chance to return I would do it as I did the first time. The view of the Parthenon from the bottom at night is worth seeing and Athens is just a taste of the beauties of Greece!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment