Wednesday, July 27, 2016

9 Paris Souvenirs That Don't Suck

A few weeks ago my husband and I traveled to Paris. This was my second trip and I decided before we left that I wanted to buy different souvenirs. I didn't want the tiny Eiffel Tower or mugs. Not that there is anything wrong with these (we did pick up some magnets that our friends/family always ask for). The more I travel the more I notice that the traditional souvenirs normally find a very comfy home in the trash can eventually. Authentic gifts I have found however are more appreciated and used! Anyhow I found some awesome goodies and shops that I wanted to share with you. Here are _ places to buy Parisian  souvenirs that don't suck:
La Chambre Aux Confitures:
I found this place as I was walking down the Marais. I was not planning on buying any honey or jam. I actually walked in out of curiosity. I went in and started tasting. The staff was really friendly and let us try as many as we wanted. I ended up buying 8 bottles. Some honey and some jam. The shop offers complimentary gift bags. I asked them to give it to me to take with me so I could wrap when I flew back home. My friends loved them!
 


Confiseur de Luxe Mazet:
So I decided to buy a few snacks and taste test them while I was at Monoprix on Champs Elysee. One of the snacks was a small box of the pistachios and almonds coated with caramel and chocolate . They were amazing so much so that when I noticed they had a store I decided to check it out. They were a little bit over the normal prices for pistachios/almonds but totally worth it. They have a few medium boxes you can get that come wrapped and ready to gift. They also have few mixed boxes that would make great gifts. Great little souvenirs and delicious snacks!! Monoprix sells the smaller box for 8€. The store sells a slightly bigger bix for about 10€ or 11€.




Blue lemon:
I walked into this awesome little store as I walked down Ile Saint Louise.  I was initially looking at the accessories and ended up buying leather purses. They ranged from 10€ to about 44€. Loved them!




Monoprix:
Ok so I read this before I went to Paris but like they say  it's not the same to read/hear it then to see it. Not all Monoprix are created equal. My favorite as a traveler was the one on Champs Elysee they have the traditional souvenirs and they have preselected French brands. Things like olive oil,tea, chocolate varieties, things from Maxims, Angelina's chocolate, Haribo Gummies and do much more...All this is down stairs. The stair case is by the cosmetics cashier. It's a little hard to find (we almost missed it). If you can't find it ask the clerks.


Fragonard:
 Visited this place looking for a souvenir or two for my mom and mother in law. The staff is friendly and normally willing to help. They have things for all budgets (4€- 60€ or more). We were able to find just what we were looking for and I ended up buying a perfume for myself. When we checked out we were offered gift wrapping material which I asked them to give me on the side so it would not damage during my trip back home.



Shops at Ile Saint Louise:
Ok so this one is not specific but trust me here. I found so many cute things for my friends and family. I found cute little leather make up bags for 10€, bracelets, accesories, purses, cloths, scarves, and so much more. Walk around the little island and explore the shops. We picked up these coffee cup set at one of the stores. 




Le Marais Neighborhood in the 3rd and 4th:
This neighborhood is packed with all sorts of boutiques and shops for all tastes. Explore the neighborhood and pop your head into some of the shops.


Musee de L'Armée Boutique:
We decided to go to the museum after realizing that the Rodin was closed. While there we took a look around the boutique l and found some pretty cute things. Christmas orniments,kids toys, quirky office supplies, and a few other things. The boutique is accessible without a ticket. If you will not visit the museum stay to the left and you will see the sign.



Laduree:
Macaroons are a little hard to transport unless you buy a gift box rather then the softer boxes that they are normally packed in and even then they may not make it

No comments:

Post a Comment